In engineering practice, basic and applied research in thermodynamics and heat transfer is increasingly important today since these plays a crucial role in the design of vehicles, power and process plants, cooking and heating devices and even IC chips, among other things. Performance enhancement of any such devices is a constant Endeavour which can be achieved through such studies. The lab is well equipped to offer various type of testing on materials required for UG level studies.
List of Major Experiments:
- Determination of dryness fraction of steam by combined separating and throttling calorimeter.
- Study and performance test of a single acting reciprocating air compressor.
- Determination of thermal conductivity of a metal rod.
- Determination of thermal conductivity of an insulating powder/or an insulating plate.
- Determination of ‘h’ for forced convection over a pin fiN.
- Verification of emissivity of a plate.
- Study of a shell and tube heat exchanger and determination of LMTD.