The different types of Electronic equipments that has invaded our offices and homes these days is also mind boggling. Many things we use at home and office are “remote controlled”, for example, Television (TV), Air-Conditioners, Audio equipment, Telephone, etc. It is almost close to “magic” how even a child, now-a-days, can switch channels, or increase decrease the volume of sound in a TV at home by just clicking on a few buttons sitting at the comfort of a sofa away from the Television apparently without any physical wiring or connection. This brings us face to face to an important question . How to teach the basic concepts of such an important subject like Electronics most effectively? If one wants to gain a good understanding of electronics, he or she should build circuits and test them independently. For this one should acquire a practical knowledge of the characteristics of different devices and in constructing the various circuits.
In order to master the basic principles of electronics the student has to study about the different components, circuits & measuring instruments used in electronics. There are two types of components that the students will come across namely ‘Active’ and ‘Passive’ components. Resistors, Capacitors etc., are known as passive components because they can only attenuate the electrical voltage and signals & cannot amplify. Whereas devices like transistors, Op Amp can amplify or increase the amplitude & energy associated with the signals. Hence the transistors and OpAmp come under active devices. In this lab students will study about diode, rectifiers, amplifiers, Oscillators, etc., under the category of circuits. Apart from the components and circuits they will learn about the operating principle of some essential electronic measuring instruments such as digital multi-meters, regulated power supplies, Function generators, oscilloscopes, etc
List of Major Experiments:
- Introduction and identification of different active and passive electronic devices / components.
- Familiarization with different signal sources and instruments used in electronic engineering. In the process student can learn the significances of the manufactures specifications etc.
- To learn the use/ handling of different measuring instruments like multimeters, C.R.O etc.
- Find and studies on the various characteristic of different active devices like diodes (PN Junction Diode, Zener Diode, LED)
- Study the characteristics of PNP and NPN transistor in CB,CE,CC Mode
- Study the characteristics of field effect transistor
- Design of Half Wave & Full Wave rectifier & find out different parameters.
- Familiarization with op-amp & measurement of it’s different parameters.
- To study the various application of operational amplifier.
- Introduction to digital logic ICs and its use.
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope-30 MHz (APLAB)
- Function Generator (SCIENTIFIC)
- Analog and Digital Experiment Platform (SCIENTECH ST 2613)
- Various Power supplies (DC and AC)
- Digital Multimeter (METRAVI)
- P-N junction diode trainer (MICROTECH)
- Zener diode trainer. (MICROTECH)
- Transistor Characteristics trainer (MICROTECH)
- JFET Characteristics trainer (MICROTECH)
- Half wave and Full wave rectifier trainer (MICROTECH)
- Op-Amp Application Trainer (MICROTECH)