Software engineering is the study and an application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of software. Software Engineering can also be described as:
- The application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software.
- An engineering discipline that is concerned with all aspects of software production.
- The establishment and use of sound engineering principles in order to economically obtain software that is reliable and works efficiently on real machines.
The adventure of computers spawned the study of computer science, and ultimately its applications in society in the form of software engineering. Software engineering, like many other engineering jobs, requires a specific skill set that can be developed over time. The roles and capacities a software engineer may fulfill vary between companies, but this article will teach you the general qualifications and process for entering this field. This lab focuses on enhancing the students’ capabilities to understand and properly execute software based problems to master the basics of Software Engineering and excel at them.
- CPU: Pentium Dual Core E5400 @2.70GHz
- RAM: DDR3 2 GB
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (32 Bit)
- HDD: 320 GB
- Microsoft Project 2013 v15.0.4517.1509
Software development may include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities that result in software products which are all taught in this course. These are all integral parts of software engineering and thus in order to properly learn, understand the basics are to be practiced. The need for better quality control of the software development process has given rise to the discipline of software engineering, which aims to apply the systematic approach exemplified in the engineering paradigm to the process of software development and our lab practices will help the students to properly shape the above aspects due to this.