Data Structure is a method to store information while algorithm is the way to properly solve a problem. When these two come together we have a method that is both efficient in solving problems and storing them as future references at the same time. This method is both easy to perform and time-saving just because of its multitasking capabilities.
The importance of the other points is less obvious. The early history of many computer installations is, however, testimony to their importance. A proper Data Structure and Algorithm management ensures that and our course also offers:
- Ability to acquire and apply fundamental principles of science and engineering with a capability to communicate effectively
- Acquisition of technical competence in specialized areas of engineering discipline
- Identify, formulate and model problems and find engineering solutions based on a system approach
- Conduct investigation and research on engineering problems in a chosen field of study and properly understand the importance of sustainability and cost-effectiveness in design and development of engineering solutions
- CPU: Pentium Dual Core E5400 @2.70GHz
- RAM: DDR3 2 GB
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (32 Bit)
- HDD: 320 GB
- C++ Builder IDE (Integrated Development Environment) vXE7 (21)
In a world where a proper system to govern or monitor and organization is necessary, it has to do a good job at that. Many studies have quantified the enormous costs of failing to build software systems that had all the characteristics listed.
Unfortunately, much recent evidence suggests that these principles are still not well understood! Any perusal of Risks forum will soon convince you that there is an enormous amount of poor software in use. The discipline of Data Structure & Algorithm is concerned with building large software systems which perform as their users expected, are reliable and easy to maintain.