Android is a mobile operating system (OS) based on the Linux kernel and currently developed by Google. With a user interface based on direct manipulation, Android is designed primarily for touch screen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers, with specialized user interfaces for televisions (Android TV), cars (Android Auto), and wrist watches (Android Wear). The OS uses touch inputs that loosely correspond to real-world actions, like swiping, tapping, pinching, and reverse pinching to manipulate on-screen objects, and a virtual keyboard. Despite being primarily designed for touch screen input, it has also been used in game consoles, digital cameras, regular PCs, and other electronics. As of 2015, Android has the largest installed base of all general-purpose operating systems.
We have successfully conducted a 2-day workshop on Android development which was interactive and practical approach based. Students were excited and overwhelmed after the workshop and they have managed to develop their own Android app which was thrilling for them. We provided the Android development toolkit to them and also the certificate for attending the said workshop.
The details of the topics we covered in 2-days are as follows:
1. The Future of Mobile, Understanding Android.
2. Android Architecture, The Dalvik Virtual Machine(DVM).
3. Sensors, Understanding the Hardware, ETC.
4. Java for Android.
5. Your First Android App.
6. Android Installation. Setting up Emulators, Application life cycle.
7. Activities, XML Layouts, Form Widgets, Intents.
8. Creating a functionally complete App – A Dictionary App.
9. Android Concepts, Content providers, Notifications, Toasts.
10. Working with resources, Images & Button XMLs, Media Player.
11. Security in Android Apps, Manifest & Permissions.
12. Canvas Animation, Android Game Engine.
13. Complete Android Game.
14. Wrap Up, Question Answer, Learning Further.
Is it possible to learn Android in 2 Days?
Of course! With an extraordinarily good teacher, and a great syllabus…..